Our Fire Sprinkler System Prevents Yet Another Serious Fire at a Kent Care Home!
A residential care home in Dartford Kent was thankful for their fire sprinkler system when in the early hours of 23rd September, a fire started in a small room which houses a washing machine and tumble dryer.
The fire had been extinguished before the arrival of Kent F&RS personnel.
The following day a small amount of water was mopped up and business carried on as usual much to the relief of the owner who did not have to re-locate any of the residents.
This is the second sprinkler activation at the home which had suffered a similar, although slightly more serious, event some time previous to this fire. This clearly shows the value of sprinkler systems in such properties.
The owner of the care home who has a similar residential system which was installed by ourselves in another of their properties said “having a fire sprinkler system installed has been the best investment we ever made”
We are presently unable to publish the name of the care home due to a police investigation into possible court proceedings.
For more information on why a fire sprinkler system should be installed in all care homes, read our blog here.
Keep up to date with the latest news on our Twitter feed here.