Residential and Loft Conversion Sprinkler Systems
Residential Fire Sprinklers for Loft Conversions
An open plan lounge within a two story property is very common and normally poses few problems satisfying Building Regulations AD part B. However, when the owners of that property decide to extend the living space into the loft, this can cause a complication with fire regulation compliance as follows:
- When the floor height of the new level becomes greater than 7.5 meters from the external ground level, Loft conversions and residential fire sprinklers are frequently utilised together in this scenario.
- The means of escape from the new living area created in the loft must be protected from fire.
- Where the staircase enters the open plan ground floor area, a fire-proof corridor to an external exit must be created
- If there is an escape window on the 1st floor and a fire door at the top of the staircase, it may be possible to cover only the ground floor open plan area
Installing Sprinklers In Lofts
Over the years we have carried out loft sprinkler installation for many customers throughout the country. As one of the most difficult rooms to escape from in the event of a fire, more and more people are choosing to have sprinklers installed in their lofts. Loft conversion sprinkler systems come in many different forms and our concealed systems will blend in perfectly with your decor scheme.
Benefits of Having Loft Sprinkler Systems Installed
- They can minimise the material costs –
- They can reduce the fire door requirement and fire proofing
- They can enable a much more open plan design
- No need to form a protected corridor through the open plan area from the staircase to external exit
It is very important to test the available water supply when considering the possibility of utilising a residential fire sprinkler system. RAD Fire Sprinklers will always ensure that concealed sprinkler heads are used on this type of project in order to ensure that there is no visual impact.
Generally speaking, when all the property requires sprinkler coverage, the water main will have to be upgraded or a storage system can be utilised. When the open plan area only requires protecting, a high pressure mist system could be utilised subject to building control permission.
Why Choose Us For Loft Sprinkler Systems?
We have installed loft sprinkler systems for many customers over the years. With a team of trained engineers, we have all of the skills and knowledge needed to ensure a professional and efficient installation service is provided. No matter what type of sprinkler system you might want for your loft, you can count on RAD Fire Sprinklers to install it for you. Some of the reasons we think you should choose us are:
- Well-known for the service we provide
- Years of industry experience
- Range of loft sprinkler systems to choose from
- Team of experts on hand to assist
Contact RAD Fire Sprinklers for Loft Sprinkler Installation
RAD Fire Sprinklers have years of experience in the design, specification and installation of these systems so give us a call on 01892 680090 and talk to us about your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions About Loft Conversion Sprinklers
How much will it cost to have loft sprinkler installed?
The cost of having sprinklers installed in your loft conversion will depend on a number of factors such as the type of system you want and how many alterations are needed. As one of the leading companies offering loft sprinkler systems, we offer fair and competitively priced quotes. If you’re interested in loft conversion sprinklers, then be sure to get in touch with RAD Fire Sprinkler for a quote.
Will you be able to see the sprinklers in my loft?
This in entirely your choice. Whilst we do offer traditional sprinkler systems, many of our customers now choose our concealed heads as they are designed to blend in. Get in touch and we’d be more than happy to guide you through the systems that are available for your type of loft conversion.
How long will it take to install the loft system?
At RAD Fire Sprinklers, we aim to carry out all loft sprinkler installation in a professional and efficient manners. The length of time it takes to install a system varies from job to job as the timeframe can be affected by a number of factors. When you choose us we’ll give you an estimated date for completion, and we always aim to complete on or before this date.
How do I arrange loft sprinkler installation?
If you’re wanting to have sprinklers installed in your loft space, then all you need to do is get in touch with RAD Fire Sprinklers. Simply email or contact us through our website and one of our team will get back to you as soon as someone is available. Alternatively give us a call and one of our team will assist you with your enquiry straight away.