Residential and Loft Conversion Sprinkler Systems
Residential Fire Sprinklers for Loft Conversions
A two-story property with an open plan living area is quite prevalent and typically has few issues complying with Building Regulations AD part B. However, if the property’s owners choose to expand the living area into the loft, this could complicate compliance with fire regulations as follows:
- When the floor height of the new level becomes greater than 7.5 metres from the external ground level, loft conversions and residential fire sprinklers are frequently used together in this scenario.
- The means of escape from the new living area created in the loft must be protected from fire.
- Where the staircase enters the open plan ground floor area, a fire-proof corridor to an external exit must be created.
- If there is an escape window on the 1st floor and a fire door at the top of the staircase, it may be possible to cover only the ground floor open plan area.
Installing Sprinklers In Lofts
Over the years we have carried out loft sprinkler installation for many customers throughout the country. More individuals are deciding to install sprinklers in their lofts because lofts are among the hardest rooms to escape from during the event of a fire. Sprinkler systems for loft conversions come in a variety of designs, and our concealed systems will match your decor precisely.
Benefits of Having Loft Sprinkler Systems Installed
- They can minimise material costs.
- They can reduce the fire door requirement within the property
- They can enable a much more open-plan design.
- There is no need to form a protected corridor through the open-plan area from the staircase to the external exit.
When thinking about whether to use a domestic fire sprinkler system, it is crucial to test the water supply. Our specialists advise substitutes when the existing pressure and water flow are insufficient. Mist sprinklers, which work similarly to household fire sprinklers, are something we offer at RAD because the supply requirement of the high-pressure mist nozzles is considerably reduced. Visit this page to learn more about our RAD Mist Sprinklers System.
In general, the water main will need to be improved or a storage system can be used when the entire property needs sprinkler coverage. With building control approval, a high-pressure mist system can be used throughout the property. To ensure that there is no aesthetic impact, RAD Fire Sprinklers will always make sure that concealed sprinkler heads are utilised on this type of project.
Why Choose Us for Loft Sprinkler Systems?
Over the years, we have built loft sprinkler systems for a large number of clients. We have all the skills and experience required to guarantee a skilled and effective installation service thanks to our team of certified engineers. You can rely on RAD Fire Sprinklers to install any type of sprinkler system you would desire for your loft. Here are a few reasons why we believe you should select us:
- Well-known across the nation for the service we provide.
- We have 18 years of industry experience on our side.
- We offer a wide range of loft sprinkler systems for you to choose from.
- Our team of experts are on hand to assist with your needs.
Contact RAD Fire Sprinklers for Loft Sprinkler Installation
RAD Fire Sprinklers have years of experience in the design, specification and installation of these fire sprinkler systems. So, give us a call at 01892 680090 and talk to us about your requirements. Alternatively, you can fill out our online form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Loft Conversion Sprinklers
How much will it cost to have a loft sprinkler installed?
The type of system you desire, and the extent of the modifications required will both affect the price of installing sprinklers in your loft conversion. As one of the top providers of loft sprinkler systems, we provide reasonable and affordable quotes. Get in touch with RAD Fire Sprinkler for a quote if you’re considering sprinklers for loft conversions.
Will You be able to See the Sprinklers in My Loft?
You have full discretion over this. Although we do have standard sprinkler systems available, a lot of our customers now select our high-pressure mist systems because they can be connected to a standard domestic water. Contact us, and we’ll be pleased to walk you through the technologies that are available for your particular style of loft conversion.
How Long will it Take to Install the Loft System?
All loft sprinkler installation projects are handled professionally and effectively by RAD Fire Sprinklers. The time it takes to install a system varies depending on the project because many variables can impact the timeline. We will provide you with an anticipated completion date when you hire us, and we always work to finish on or before this date.
How Do I Arrange Loft Sprinkler Installation?
All you need to do is contact RAD Fire Sprinklers if you want to have sprinklers placed in your loft area. Simply send us an email or use our website to get in touch with us, and a member of our staff will respond as soon as someone is free. You can also give us a call, and a member of our staff will be happy to help you out right away.