Four of the most common causes of a house fire
A fire at home can have a devastating effect on your life. It can quickly turn your castle to rubble, destroy precious belongings, and leave you in a financial mess.
So it’s vital that we do everything we can to ensure that a fire doesn’t break out. To do that, it’s important that you understand the most common causes of fires at home. And that’s what we’re going to look at here.
We all use electrical appliances every day at home. Phone chargers, a hair dryer, washing machines – and if there’s an electrical failure within any of them, it can quickly cause a fire.
One of the most common appliances to cause a fire is the clothes dryer. If your filter isn’t regularly cleaned out, you’re at risk. If you use electrical heaters make sure that the vents aren’t obstructed with clothing etc.
Check outlets aren’t overloaded with plugs and that there are no loose or frayed wires.
It goes without saying that kitchen equipment can, if used incorrectly, pose a risk. We’re all a little guilty of becoming distracted in the kitchen. We turn to watch the TV, fall asleep while there’s something in the oven. And at best, this will cause you to ruin your meal.
At worst, it’ll start a fire. Make sure that you’re paying attention when cooking!
We all have at least one thing in our home that’s flammable; whether it’s a can of deodorant or cooking oil. Ensure that these items are kept clear of sources of fire. Because they can quickly turn a small outbreak into a devastating inferno.
On a cold winter’s night, it’s nice to light a few candles, snuggle under a blanket and watch the TV. If you like to do this then make sure that all the candles are blown out when you’re done. Leaving them lit after you’ve gone to bed is asking for trouble.
Make sure that your home is kitted out with the latest fire-safety technology to avoid any accidents too.
One fire can quickly devastate your home. Make sure you’re prepared.