Info for Mechanical & Plumbing Contractors
Fire Sprinklers and Mechanical & Plumbing Contractors
When constructing residential fire sprinkler systems in larger projects like high-rise buildings and care homes where the fire sprinkler system is included in the general services building package, RAD Fire Sprinklers frequently collaborate with mechanical and plumbing contractors. We have also worked with major contractors/developers such as Berkeley Homes, Guinness Trust, Criterion Capital, United Living, and others.
The Residential Fire Sprinkler component of the package might occasionally be a challenge for an M&E consultant who, naturally, may lack knowledge of these systems. Plumbing businesses may also be asked to provide a sprinkler system as part of their package, putting them in unfamiliar territory.
In general, we utilise a flame-proof system called Blazemaster from America, which has the benefit of being light and easy to handle. We are pleased to offer our advice and expertise, and we are used to working with fire officers on such initiatives.
Common Technical Questions Asked By Plumbers and Engineers
- Is a full or partial domestic fire sprinkler suppression system required for the property?
- If the town main is insufficient, what kind of storage system will be required?
- What amount of water will be needed?
- Can the cold water enhance the main supply of the fire sprinkler system?
- When should we instruct a fire sprinkler contractor to begin the first fix?
- How much-stored water will be needed if the system cannot be linked to the town main, how heavy are the water tanks, and where may they be built if the system cannot be connected to the town main?
- Is the pipework adaptable?
- How large is the plumbing, and can it be hidden?
- What is the fire alarm requirement for the fire sprinkler system on high-rise projects?
- What kind of certification does the installation business have?
- Is the company’s exclusive focus on residential fire sprinkler systems? – Many businesses regard the industry as promising and are ‘experimenting’ with it or simply subcontracting the labour. We only work with residential sprinkler systems.
- How long have they been putting in these systems? We have been working entirely in this industry for many years.
- What are you being quoted for exactly? Is there a security system included? What kind of pump is it, and does it self-test?
- Are all of the installers employed by the organisation appropriately trained? All of our installers receive extensive training and are expected to collaborate closely with the site foreman. In general, we do not subcontract any work to third parties.
- Be wary of bogus assurances that a system can be powered by the mains water supply, particularly in retrofits. We provide an accurate appraisal and are not afraid of losing work to companies that bid low and then put in extras as the job continues, or even claim that the water supply is insufficient once they arrive on site!
- What is the Fire Sprinkler Installation company’s proximity to the project? We don’t send installer teams across the country just to struggle to keep up with recurring site issues. We offer a full CAD design service and have extensive expertise connecting our system with other building services – Read what some of our customers have to say about RAD.
Contact RAD Fire Sprinklers for Sprinkler Systems for Plumbers and Mechanical Engineers
When it comes to sprinkler systems for plumbers and mechanical engineers, make sure to contact RAD Fire Sprinklers. We frequently collaborate with plumbers and mechanical engineers to install fire sprinkler systems. With years of expertise in the field, we have earned a well-deserved reputation for the high quality of our work. Call us at 01892 680090 or send us an email and we will gladly discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions from Plumbers About Fire Sprinklers
Is a full or partial domestic fire sprinkler suppression system required for the property?
This is something that plumbing contractors and mechanical engineers must consider. If you are confused about the type of system you require, RAD Fire Sprinklers can help. We can offer advice and direction to help you select the proper type of suppression system.
Can the Pipework for the Fire Sprinklers be Concealed?
This is entirely dependent on the type of pipes and the design of your home. Many modern fire sprinkler systems can be hidden by installing piping into existing walls or ceilings. We constantly try to employ concealed fire sprinkler systems whenever possible to provide the best possible finish for our clients.
How Much will the Fire Sprinkler System Cost?
When it comes to fire sprinkler systems, we price each installation individually to ensure that our customers receive the fairest and most competitive pricing. Contact us immediately and we’ll be pleased to discuss the cost of your new fire sprinklers.
Why should I choose RAD Fire Sprinklers?
We’ve spent years installing fire sprinklers and fire protection systems for a wide range of clients. We frequently collaborate with plumbers and mechanical engineers to install fire sprinkler systems. Whatever your needs are, RAD Fire Sprinklers is here to help.