How to Instruct Your Fire Sprinkler Installer
Check out these tips on what you should ask your fire sprinkler installer below.
- What accreditation does the installation company have?
- Does the company specialise solely in residential and domestic fire sprinkler systems? – many companies have considered the residential fire sprinkler industry as promising and are ‘dabbling’ in it or just sub-contracting the work.
- How many years has the company been installing these systems? Always try to find a company which specialises in these systems exclusively.
- What exactly are you being quoted for? Is there an alarm system included? What sort of pump and does it self-test? If not, does the manufacturer’s warranty cover included in the price? Is the system design included in the price also?
- Are all their installers employed by the company and suitably trained? Ensure that your chosen company employs installers who have been provided adequate on-site training and are instructed to work closely with the site foreman.
- Do they sub-contract the work? Always ensure that the company that you decide to instruct never sub-contracts any Residential or Domestic fire sprinkler installation projects out to other companys and always use their own staff for all design and installation work .
- Beware of false promises that a system can run from the mains water supply, especially in retrofits. Make sure that your chosen company will give an accurate appraisal of the water supply at your property and are not afraid of losing work to companies who win work at a cheap price then throw in extras as the job progresses or even claim that the water supply is not adequate once they are on-site!
- How close is the Fire Sprinkler installer company to the project? Make sure that they don’t send teams of installers all over the country then struggle to keep up with ongoing site issues!