Why RAD Use BlazeMaster® Tubing
The Lubrizol Corp. pioneered the use of nonmetallic piping in fire sprinkler systems The product name is BlazeMaster® and it has been a large influence on the increased popularity by reducing the installation cost for fire sprinkler systems dramatically by offering an unbeatable combination of dependability, performance and cost-effectiveness
Blazemaster pipe and fittings are resistant to corrosion and have aw frictional coefficient compared to metal making it ideal for the high flow rates associated with fire sprinkler systems.
Blazemaster tube and fittings offer a high tolerance to heat with good smoke and flame characteristics. It is a fast, clean system to install because the glued joints eliminate the need for open torches on site.
It has been approved for use in residential and in light commercial situations.
Product Features and benefits of using BlazeMaster®
- Lightweight pipe does not require special rigging or equipment to transport through a construction site.
- Faster, cleaner installation.
- It is not affected by corrosion to corrosion, even in salt air environments.
- Unlike steel, it does not require any off-site fabrication.
- It is lightweight and ideal for retrofit projects because the tube can be installed within tighter spaces than steel could be used in.
- Very low environmental impact.
BlazeMaster® Pipe & Fittings have been tested exhaustively to ensure that they are compatible chemically with a range of products used within the building industry, which includes thread sealants, and firestopping products.
There is a list of compatible products on the BlazeMaster® website
How does it work?
When exposed to a very high temperature, the chemical consistancy of the tube is such that it forms a charred layer which in turn, insulates the tube from any further effects of the fire.
It is important to point out however, that the tube must be fully charged with water to ensure that it functions to its maximum potential